woensdag 15 september 2010

Hey guy, what's on the hand?

14 september
When I walked into my classroom this morning at eight-twenty I knew there was something not Kosjer. It wasn’t the lizard on the ceiling, because that’s normal, it wasn’t the eardeafening sound of the ventilators because that’s normal too, no it was the emptiness of the room which was only filled with 5 people and a lizard...
I asked one of the guys “hey guy what’s on the hand? Why are there no people in the classroom? He told me ““maybe” there’s no class today... because we have a test right now... “ So I trained my waiting a littlebit and waited until my windtunnellab could start.
I always enjoy my (private) windtunnellabclasses. Manigandan (Mani) the assistant who always helps me with the labs is a very nice person, very shy but also very curious. We learn a lot from each other.
I didn’t plan anything for the rest of the day and my clothes are all washed so If Josefa wouldn’t be born on this day I wouldn’t know what to do this evening... But it’s happy birthday Jo so she invited Pablo and me (and Jesus, Alex, Kana, Batiste and AlizĂ© all people who work here) to a dinner. The restaurant was at the seaside, we ate chicken tandoori and drunk a mohito on a quiet terras without a roof but with a clear starry sky above our head. Probably the most luxurious meal I had in Chennai...

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Haha, "what's on the hand?" Uw Engels en Nederlands zijn duidelijk van hetzelfde niveau, als ze dan nog eens samen gebruikt worden ook... Behoorlijk amusant Fredje. Ik ben ondertussen ook terug bijgelezen ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen